Monday, August 1, 2011

art project.Wax dripped paper

My friend Dixie from West Virginia shared this art project with me. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like an interesting art project to try out. I don't get the newspaper, but when I find someone who will give me some I'll try this out. It kind of sounds like how to do batik fabric dye-ing...?

My daughter Jenna is an art teacher, yesterday she came over and we dripped candle wax all over old book pages. After round 1, let dry and then paint one wash of water color paint. Let dry. Round 2 Repeat round 1 different color. Do as many rounds as u like. Just keep in mind what colors make brown. After completely dry, fold newspaper around art work, hot iron the art work wrapped in newspaper. This may take several clean sheets of newspaper to completely take the wax off the art. You will love the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts